VIDEORECIPE Easy Cheesy Potato bake recipe
Looking for the perfect potato side dish, this Easy Cheesy Potato Bake recipe has you covered
number of servings
- 1.3 lb potatoes any other than waxy potatoes
- 0.7 cup milk (full or low fat) (160 ml)
- 0.8 cup thickened cream (heavy cream) (185 ml)
- 0.3 cup mayonnaise
- 0.3 whole preferably egg (or cup cream)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp plus more thyme for garnish (or dried)
- 2 cloves large garlic (minced)
- 0.8 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (200g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or sub with another cheese (100g)
Preheat oven to 180C/350F (all types).Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 3/4 cm / 2/3" cubes. Place in a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients except mozzarella. Mix.
Pour into a 3 litre / quart baking dish.Cover with foil. Bake 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Remove foil, sprinkle over mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Rest for 5 - 10 minutes before serving, garnished with extra theme leaves if desired.