PHOTO RECIPE Philly cheesesteak
This Philly Cheesesteak Recipe is a classic combination of thinly sliced steak and melted cheese in a soft and crusty roll. Best recipe for learning how to make philly cheesesteak.
number of servings
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 11⁄2 lb ribeye steak (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced thin)
- 1 tbs salt and pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper (sliced thin)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Sauté bell onions and bell peppers.
Cook until caramelized and remove from the skillet.
Add thinly-sliced beef and cook for 2-3 minutes until no longer pink.
Mix onions/peppers with the steak. Season with optional Worchestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Divide the mixture into 4 portions and add cheese on top.
Place the open roll on top, and flip the whole thing over.