Cannoli French Toast Rolls
This recipe is presented by Eggland’s Best. Is it breakfast or is it dessert? Is it Italian or French? Who cares, when it’s so delicious? For such a fancy fusion, the steps are relatively easy. Don’t forget to sprinkle your rolls with powdered sugar for the final flourish.
- 1 Cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 Cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 Cup confectionery sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 16 Slice home-style white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄4 Cup milk
- 2 large eggland's best eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 Cup land o lakes butter
- garnish with powdered sugar
Combine all the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and spread 1 tablespoon of filling over each bread slice to 1/ inch from the sides and to 1 inch at the top.
Roll up the bread slices, starting from the bottom.
Place the milk, eggs, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl and whisk until combined.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat until sizzling.
Dip 4 bread rolls into the egg mixture, then place in a skillet.
Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
Repeat with the remaining butter and bread rolls; wiping out the skillet between batches.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and enjoy!