Spaghetti With Roasted Vegetables, Pine Nuts, and Olives
For this healthy spaghetti recipe, roasted red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper combine with toasted pine nuts and chopped black olives.
- 12 ounce spaghetti
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 1/ inch chunks
- 2 yellow squash, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 1/ inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced, and cut into /2 inch pieces
- olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped, pitted black olives such as kalamata
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- leave chopped fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together the onion slices, zucchini, squash, and bell pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat evenly.
Roast the vegetables until browned and tender, about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Transfer to a large, shallow serving bowl.
While the vegetables are roasting, bring a large cooker of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions.
Add the pasta to the bowl along with the lemon zest and juice, olives, pine nuts, and Parmesan. Stir and toss to coat the pasta with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the Parmesan sprinkled over the top.