Super-healthy antioxidant açaí berries are the beautifully purple center of this delicious breakfast bowl or afternoon after-yoga pick-me-up. It’s actually a two-part recipe. First, you blend up a straight-up smoothie, with unsweetened açaí purée (we like the one from Sambazon), frozen banana and peach slices, apple, honey, coconut milk, and—for extra body and protein—a bit of natural almond butter. The second part is what goes on top, a freestyle mix of whatever texture.
number of servings
- 1 medium unpeeled banana, frozen
- 6 ounce frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 packing frozen unsweetened açaí berry purée, slightly defrosted
- 1⁄2 fuji apple, unpeeled, in large dice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- fresh blueberries
- sliced kiwi
- flax seeds
- black sesame seeds
- ripe banana slices
- pomegranate seeds
Put all the smoothie bowl ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth—you’ll end up with a thick, smoothie-like texture.
Pour into a serving bowl and add your toppings of choice.