Green Halibut Ceviche
In this healthy halibut ceviche recipe adapted from Bon Appétit, the lime-cured fish is tossed with raw tomatillos, avocado, a jalapeño pepper, green olives, onion, and cilantro.
- 1 lb fresh halibut
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 3 tbl freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3⁄4 Cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 Cup fresh raw tomatillos, diced
- 1⁄4 Cup white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tbl olive oil
- tostadas or tortilla chips
Dice the fish into /2-inch cubes and add to a medium bowl. Add the salt and toss to coat. Add the lime juice and toss to combine. Marinate until the edges of the cubes begin to turn opaque, tossing occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Dice the avocados and add to the cured fish, along with the green olives, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add the olive oil and toss to combine. Taste, adding more salt as needed. Serve over tostadas or with tortilla chips for scooping.