Mexican Chicken Salad
A bright-tasting variation on traditional chicken salad, with a flavor profile inspired by Mexico. Greek yogurt, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice yield simple but striking results. Use as a sandwich filling, or pile on top of a simple green salad for a healthy lunch.
The recipe can be found in this article
17+ Simple Dinner Salad Recipes You'll Actually Want to Eat!
- 2 Cup diced meat from a roasted chicken
- 1⁄2 Cup plain greek-style yogurt, plus an additional 1/4
- 1⁄4 Cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 large jalapeño, halved lengthwise and sliced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- freshly ground black pepper
Place the diced chicken in a medium bowl, along with the /2 cup of yogurt, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, measured salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well, adding up to /4 cup additional yogurt if it seems dry.
Taste: add more salt and pepper if needed. Use as a sandwich filling, or serve on a bed of lettuce.